Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default A solution to stop doors slamming/being slammed?

Mary Fisher wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

Is there some sort of fear of treating children like people?

Do you think children aren't people?
AIUI children, teenagers, adults are all people.

What amazes me is that most children, even the worst (in our eyes) grow into
sensible, responsible adults. Just as we did ...

I remember a neighbour despairing that she was rearing juvenile delinquents,
I thought they were delightful - just as she thought our five were. Parents
see things others don't, perhaps we expect/ed too much.

Hers became the classic doctor and lawyer ... mine didn't but they are now
adults who give more to society than they take from it.

And shout at their children for banging doors or leaving them open :-)

Time heals most ills. Except that it will get worse before it gets better
:-(

Mary

Mary

IME if teenagers behave like 5 year olds it's because at 5 they weren't
allowed to behave like teenagers.