Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default Does This Plier Exist?

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I'm looking for a Plier much like an olive or cherry pitter, but with
a larger diameter push-rod and a back-side hole diameter of 1" to
1-1/8"

Does such a thing exist?

Haven't seen one. Im thinking that the force required to push a 1"
diameter punch or whatever through most materials would render a plier
configuration less than optimal.

I Googled lever press and this popped to the top of the list:

http://www.janesvilletool.com/mpdt6000.htm

For a 1" hole, I think this is more or less what will be available.
Punches and dies sold separately, of course.

Here is a small Arbor press at Harbor Freight for $50:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=3552

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell