Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Please ID this tree/wood - WoodID.jpg (0/1)

Brian Priebe ' wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 14:31:12 -0400, RLM wrote:

I was told they had all died of Dutch Elm disease.

Apparently they haven't. New elms pop up all over but they die early
once they are infected by the fungus. The University of Guelph has a
project going to breed stock that are reliably resistant to the
disease.

They need to visit my dad's place. He's got several Chinese elms that are
well over 20 years old.