Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Repairing a pipe with a wire in it

On Oct 7, 9:44 am, dpb wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
BobK207 wrote:
On Oct 7, 8:44 am, "MiamiCuse" wrote:

Hi I have a 1-1/2" PVC pipe that goes underground. Inside of it
carries an electric wire (looks Romex). ...
broke this small PVC pipe with the wire in it.

Now, I have dug up the dirt and wanted to repair this pipe.

How big is the damaged area? Cracked? Puncture?

Check out this product

http://www.interlock-cpt.com/

Click on the Snapper button (~ mid page, lefthand side)

Applause please!!!

I don't recall...are dimensions for water and electrical pvc same? I
was sorta' thinking they weren't although maybe close enough????

Been too long since did any wiring that used conduit other than EMT...

--

I have always considered PVC pipe & PVC Rigid Conduit to be
dimensionally identical (at least with manufacturing tolerances).

http://apiplastics.com/pvc_pipe_dimensions.html

http://www.royalpipe.com/pdfs/Conduit.pdf

I suggested the "pipe repair" fitting so that the conduit could be
made watertight to keep water & dirt out of the conduit.

cheers
Bob