Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

"John" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

To bring this back to earth, I don't know of any research that indicates
obesity or leanness haven't been controlled in the studies that have
drawn
correlations between eating hormone-laden beef and the early appearance
of
secondary sexual characteristics. That's precisely the kind of thing that
would be controlled for in a study.

If you want to see the state of the research, there are a number of
articles
on PubMed. There are other problems with hormones in beef, besides the
precocious sexual development.

I would think a good place to do research is in a closed community like
the Amish that live off their own beef they raise.

Yeah, maybe. But they also have a lot of genetic factors to account for,
because they've been a pretty closed gene pool for a very long time.

It's not difficult to select for non-obese subjects who eat certain
quantities of commercially produced beef, or to keep separate data for that
and many other factors. It's a big enough issue that it should be worth a
study with a very large cohort. But there are no pharma interests that I
know of that would stand to make a buck off of it. That means a government
study. We won't see that for a while, if ever.

--
Ed Huntress