Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 00:45:09 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Wouldn't it be great to hold your doctor to the same standards as you hold
your car mechanic?

When working as a mechanic/service manager I had both a doctor and a
teacher complain about the labour cost for fixing their expensive
cars, and being asked to bring the car back for a quick checkup (free
of charge) a few days after major repairs. I asked them both what they
did for a living. When the teacher told me he was a teacher I asked
what kind of guarantee he gave on his work. No answer. Not so much
complaints.
With the doctor, when he said he was a doctor I just told him I did
not have the luxury of burying my mistakes - I had to fix them - at my
expense.

Then a plumber friend of mine tells of how a customer complained that
his DOCTOR didn't charge as much as he did - Ed's reply? "Nor did I
when I was a doctor"!!!