Colin Wilson

Default Playing with meter tails

The thing is, I want to disconnect the tails that come from my meter, and
connect them to a generator transfer switch - this then connects back to my
consumer unit, and also to a generator.

Contact your local electricity company and ask them to fit an isolator -
simple :-)

I say local electricity company, but depending on how anal they want to
get, the request *may* need to come from your supplier (the ones you pay
your bill to) which may be a different company.

If you need to go via your supplier, the request will be sent via a back-
end computer system called the Data Transfer Network (DTN), will be known
as a "flow", and will probably end up with their metering department -
it`s a simple job, usually free of charge.