Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default Antenna Rotor expert needed

Maybe I wasnt clear. THe manual says to connect terminal one on motor to
terminal one on control head. same for 2,3 and 4. The manual also assumes a
standard flat 4 wire rotor cable so that wire one can be connected to
terminal one etcetera. THe problem is that instead of using standard rotor
cable, colored cable was used and there is no way of knowing what color is
connected to which terminal on the motor end. Therefore I don't know what
color corresponds to which terminal at the contol end. my only option is to
go thru all 24 permutations of 4 wires at the control head and hope that I
don't blow something up in the process. I was hoping that someone could
determine a way to ID at least one wire so that 24 permutations drop down to
6 and decrease my chances of burning something up

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"jmagerl" wrote:

My TV antenna is (or I should say was) controlled by an Alliance U110
antenna rotor. My wonderful brother knocked the control head off of its
shelf and all the wires to the motor came off.

The terminals are labeled 1,2,3,4 and the wires are red, green, white,
black, hence the problem. WHich wire goes to which terminal.

here is a link to the instruction manual with schematic.
IS there any way using an
ohmmeter to identify at least one wire? Is it safe to try all 24
different
combinations without blowing something up?

The wires on the motor end are not visible from the ground (its 40 ft up)
and its not feasable to pull the antenna down without 30 people to help.
(Did I say Pizza party?)

Theres a lesson here....record wire information and put it in a safe
spot....no thats not it...Dont let let your freakin brother near your
stuff!!! yeah...thats it.

I'm confused. You don't know how to hook it up, but you post a link to
the directions that tell you how to hook it up? What do you want us to
do? Read the directions and then paraphrase them for you? What don't you
understand?