Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing a pipe with a wire in it

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
Hi I have a 1-1/2" PVC pipe that goes underground. Inside of it carries

an
electric wire (looks Romex). It runs under the pool deck from one side of
the house, deck is a concrete slab and brick tiles on top.

It runs under a small planter area about 3'x3' in size. My wife wants to
plant some herb in there so I asked the landscape guys to remove all the
existing fern looking plants in the planter area, they pulled them out
quickly but had to use a pick axe to get to the roots. In the process

they
broke this small PVC pipe with the wire in it.

Now, I have dug up the dirt and wanted to repair this pipe.

The only thing is, I can cut out a 6" section of this pipe, there is a

wire
running through it, so it is in the way of me putting in a new section of
the PVC pipe "sleeve". I cannot think of a way to repair it without

cutting
this wire, then insert the sleeve, the move the sleeve to one side, then
mend the wire, the put the sleeve back.

I kept thinking, there must be a gadget I am not aware of that can do

this.
Do they have any plastic sleeves or pipes that are actually two half pipes
that you can fit and glue together or something like that?

Here's a couple of links to companies that make or sell conduit repair kits.
You could try going to an electrical supply company as well.

http://www.conduitrepair.com/

http://www.eprcompany.com/home/

http://www.ipexinc.com/Content/EN_CA..._9_EPRkits.asp