Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default Antenna Rotor expert needed

My TV antenna is (or I should say was) controlled by an Alliance U110
antenna rotor. My wonderful brother knocked the control head off of its
shelf and all the wires to the motor came off.

The terminals are labeled 1,2,3,4 and the wires are red, green, white,
black, hence the problem. WHich wire goes to which terminal.

here is a link to the instruction manual with schematic.
IS there any way using an
ohmmeter to identify at least one wire? Is it safe to try all 24 different
combinations without blowing something up?

The wires on the motor end are not visible from the ground (its 40 ft up)
and its not feasable to pull the antenna down without 30 people to help.
(Did I say Pizza party?)

Theres a lesson here....record wire information and put it in a safe
spot....no thats not it...Dont let let your freakin brother near your
stuff!!! yeah...thats it.