Posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make itbetter)?

on 10/7/2007 3:18 PM hls said the following:

"willshak" wrote in message
on 10/7/2007 12:21 PM hls said the following:

"Slacker" wrote in message
. ..

Point is, I want to get that horrid rain-x off my windshield!
I sure hope the brake cleaner, recommended by Kraagen, works. Time
will
tell.

I used a glass cleaning product from the FLAPS that has some clay
dispersed
in a solvent system. The clay is not abrasive to glass, but
provides a large surface
area which helps compete for the surface active materials in RainX
and the like.

Like jewelers rouge?

No, not jewelers rouge, but that would also provide a large surface area.

Kaolin, typically, may be used.

The material I bought was packaged in sealed foil envelopes, but I dont
remember the brand name.

You may also remember the old BonAmi product which was of a very
low order of abrasiveness. It was ground feldspar, IIRC.

It's still around.
http://www.bonami.com/

--

Bill