Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default INSPIRATION - Rifle/Gun Carrying Case

Sun, Oct 7, 2007, 3:41pm (EDT-3) doth sayeth:
Whoops. snip If you can get the leather, Then all you need to do is
talk with a blacksmith have him make 2 plates snip Conversely you
could drill two holes and attach your strap with a couple of brass
rivits.
The first selection does make it easier to replace the strap if it fails
for some reason.

Oh, yeah, I can get leather. There's always a cat or squirrel
running across the street in front of my vehicle. Or, there's alway
road kill. No prob there.

I've already talked to a blacksmith too. Several years ago, at the
state fair. Nice guy. But, I'd not need a blacksmith to make something
like that. But, it's a bit gimmicky for me. If I was gonna go with
rivets, I'd want four or five on each end, instead of two - both for
strength, and looks. Be no biggie to drill out rivets for replacement
if need be. But, it did give me another inspiration. May well have to
make several cases, each with a different handle.

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."