Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default INSPIRATION - Rifle/Gun Carrying Case

Sun, Oct 7, 2007, 9:59am (Bill) doth query:
How about a leather trunk handle and end caps. I recently refinished a
large trunk and had to replace the handles. I was able to find the
leather straps at a local furniture refinisher. If you secure the end
caps well, this should work in you case and look old-style as well.

I'd already considered that. And declines. However. There is
"always" a however. However, reading your post did give me an
inspiration, that I'll be following up on. I'll be checking on braiding
a handle, and if that doesn't pan out, may well go with a leather strap
handle. But not a trunk handle.

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."