Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Erickson Andrew Erickson is offline

Default INSPIRATION - Rifle/Gun Carrying Case

In article ,
(J T) wrote:

http://www.artisansofthevalley.com/c...iflecase_l.jpg

....snippity...

....The hard part will be
deciding on the handle. May just drill a couple of hole and use a chunk
of rope. I'm not about to try to make it look old, but I would kinda
like it in an old style. That's why I'm concerned about what type of
handle. I'd prefer to make my own, not buy. I'd like leather, but not
reall sure how I'd fasten it on. I'd rather go with rope than just tack
the leather on, I think.

....snippity...

Maybe thread a rope or two through, as you mentioned, but slip or attach
a tube of leather around the rope in the middle? Methinks that would be
more comfortable to, erm, handle than just a rope, and keep the same
sort of old-timeyness vibe going.

--
Andrew Erickson

lose." -- Jim Elliot