Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Headrick Bob Headrick is offline

Default Used machinery prices and availability in Portland, OR area?

"BobH" wrote in message
.. .
How are the prices and availability for used American machinery in
Portland, Oregon?

Are Clausing 5914's or similar machines readily avalible?

I am contemplating a move and was wondering about whether it would be
better to haul my lathe or sell it here and replace it in Portland.

Thanks,
BobH

Not too much availability unless you are very patient. Metal lathes show
up about a couple times a month on the PDX Craigslist, milling machines are
less frequent. See
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tls/437540254.html
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/441694654.html
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/441279953.html
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/439442854.html

for the current selection of "Rare", "Antique" of otherwise overpriced
and/or marginally functional metal lathe offerings.

Regards,
Bob Headrick