Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default A solution to stop doors slamming/being slammed?

"nightjar .me.uk" cpb@insert my surname here wrote in message

"dg" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need a solution to stop doors being slammed by teenage kids, which
in turn shakes the whole house.

Mrs dg insists that it MUST be an ironmongery solution, and not
related physical or surgical treatment, or sending the kids off to a
care home.

I've also looked at a dictator, but these seem obtrusive and need to
work with a door closer mechanism. I don't want any annoying self
closing doors...

There are door closers that also hold doors in the open position and only
self-close after the door has been moved away from the fully open
position. Look for an architectural ironmonger, who will be able to advise
you exactly what is available.

Colin Bignell

What about fitting 3 or 4 cupboard soft closers - to share the additional
load?

Although I suppose a pushed door would tend to bounce off the buffers