Posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
John Weiss John Weiss is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make it better)?

"*" wrote...
I have found that Rain-X is best used by someone who spends a lot of time
on the highway - not piddling around town.

It works best at speeds OVER 35 m.p.h., but, as you are experiencing,
tends
to create a "haze" when using the wipers.

In my experience, what you describe as a "haze" is simply the remaining
water on the windshield broken into much smaller droplets than normally are
deposited by the rain. It happens with a cold windshield, and is more like
the misting from morning dew, but much finer. A single wipe from the
wipers will remove it. Once the windshield is warmed by the defroster, it
goes away.