Posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make itbetter)?

on 10/7/2007 12:21 PM hls said the following:

"Slacker" wrote in message
. ..

Point is, I want to get that horrid rain-x off my windshield!
I sure hope the brake cleaner, recommended by Kraagen, works. Time will
tell.

I used a glass cleaning product from the FLAPS that has some clay
dispersed
in a solvent system. The clay is not abrasive to glass, but provides
a large surface
area which helps compete for the surface active materials in RainX and
the like.

Like jewelers rouge?

No magic bullet...just elbow grease.

For all those who like RainX, good on ya'. I dont. I applied it
properly,
and just dont like the effect.

--

Bill