Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Repairing a pipe with a wire in it

MiamiCuse wrote:
Hi I have a 1-1/2" PVC pipe that goes underground. Inside of it carries an
electric wire (looks Romex). ...
broke this small PVC pipe with the wire in it.

Now, I have dug up the dirt and wanted to repair this pipe.

Do they have any plastic sleeves or pipes that are actually two half pipes
that you can fit and glue together or something like that?

I'm not aware that there are any manufactured for the purpose, but that
doesn't say there aren't and someone else may point you directly to one.

For electrical conduit, though, that doesn't have to be pressure-tight
as plumbing, I would make my own and glue it in place rather than
introduce a splice into the buried conductor (assuming they didn't break
it as well which I gather from the post they didn't or you wouldn't have
the problem as stated... ).

You should be able to split a couple of connectors closely enough that
with some work can make a couple pieces fit adequately and with liberal
glue it would hold well enough. Note that plastic electrical conduit is
_not_ the same material as plumbing so you'll want to get the proper
fittings from the electrical section, not plumbing.