Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Drawer disaster!!

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 13:58:31 -0700, DJM wrote:

On Oct 6, 3:37 pm, "Rich" wrote:
I had a brain fart once and my wife rescued me on this.
Get a pillowcase and put about 5-10 lbs of rice (not cooked just right out
of the bag) in the pillowcase and tie it off so the rice won't fall out.
Heat up the bag in the microwave until its almost too hot to hold. Then put
the rice bag around the glue joint. I'd put the drawer cherry face down and
put the bag in behind the front. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes. The
titebond will soften enough to get it apart. This will work, I've done
it...you'll be able to rework ater that and no glue this time....

--
Rich Harris

Good idea, Rich!!! I had gone to the Titebond website's FAQ and they
mentioned that heat would soften Titebond II, but I couldn't think of
a way to get the drawers in my wife's oven!!! They're too big. I
NEVE thought about using rice! I'll let you know how it works out.

Dennis

Possibly careful application of a heat gun/blow dryer?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing