Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 00:22:03 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message

And did you know E-Coli is a MAJOR problem in corn-fed beef and almost
unheard of in range fed or grain finished range fed beef?
American beef is virtually100% corn fed or corn finished beef.

And shot full of hormones and antibiotics, just to keep them alive.

"Do you mean to tell me that 8 year-old girls with 38DD breasts are
NOT supposed to exist? Bbbut, the AG rep told me that growth hormones
for cattle were safe!" Snopes it for me, will ya, Ed? I haven't.

Not Snopes, but PubMed: considerable evidence that zeranol (Ralgro), a
nonsteroidal agent with estrogenic activity used to promote growth of beef,
stimulates breast-tissue growth in vitro. The connections with human
children seem to be statistical but also pretty consistent.

--
Ed Huntress

While everyone is getting hyped over lead in our environment, I think
some or the worst stuff is passing under our noses. Tooth paste once
came in lead foil tubes. I used to collect them and melt them down for
the lead.

Some of the drugs advertised on tv say that a pregnant woman
shouldn't even touch them.... Hope that she doesn't live down stream
of a person using them. Septic systems and wells should be located at
least 150 feet apart according to local codes so all the bacteria will
be killed and the water purified as it flows through the ground. What
happens to this drug? As we are well aware, birth defects are on the
rise and it isn't the lead. Lead has been around forever.

John