Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Mystery block- what the heck is it?

Paul K. Dickman wrote:

Here is something to add to the what the heck is it file.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/pkdickma...804444603772/0

I got it from the machinist's estate I was clearing out a few months ago.

It is hardened and ground. Cross drilled for setscrews. The angles are
around 65 degrees. The holes are 7/16"dia.
The name stamped on it is the name of the owner (and presumably the maker)
and it gives the impression of the sort of tool you would make during your
apprenticeship.

It is very nicely made, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it's
for.

Paul K. Dickman

The one photo doesn't show all the details of the block but it is
possibly for grinding tool bits of some type on a surface grinder.

John