John Ings

Default Nice write up about LEDs

On Sun, 16 May 2004 11:45:15 -0500, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

If we could get ALL the guns out of circulation I agree it would cut down on
gun crime by criminals but it would leave the government free to do as it
pleased with our rights. In the end the elected official having to come home
to an armed electorate has balancing effect on the way he views his job.

Oh foo! Your congesscritter is honest only because he's afraid his
electorate will shoot him?

You
seldom see coupe in well armed countries except when they are tossing out
corrupt governments.

There are no countries as "well armed" as the US, where any gang
banger can get all the automatic weapons he wants.

If you trust your government to always act in you best interest into the
future I have some tropical beach front property in Oklahoma I would like to
sell you. Most governments in the world are set up as democracies and are
the tyranny of the many over the few.

And you advocate those few taking up arms in order to do as they damn
well please?