Hugh Prescott

Default what type of end mill to use?

I do edge mill sheet brass.

If thick enough to not bend you can use spiral flute mills.

If there is a chance that it will bend use straight flute mills or in an
emergency use a reamer as a mill.

Watch for buildup of chips that clog the flutes.

Hugh

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I have to mill a profile out of 1/8" sheet brass, exact composition
unknown. It isn't very hard, though. This will be entirely edge
milling i.e. milling with the side of the end mill. I very rarely
mill brass and I'm unfamiliar with its machining properties. For
side milling of brass sheet stock should I just use any 4-flute
end mill, or is some special topology highly desirable?

Thanks!

Grant Erwin