Posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make itbetter)?

Shanghai McCoy wrote:
clifto wrote:

George wrote:

Rain-x is actually a good product and works well.

Glad you like it. The one time I tried it, I got a yellowish film all
over
the windshield that was pure hell when the sun was in front of the car.
Really reduced my visibility under those conditions.

Before there was Rain-x, there was..... wax. Back in the day, when I'd
wash and wax my Mach-1, I'd wax the windshield too... you had to be sure
to clean all of the excess off, but it served the same purpose.... just
sayin'.....

ACtually there used to be a product called "glass wax" but I haven't
seen it available for years.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.