Gordon Couger

Default Nice write up about LEDs

"John Ings" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 May 2004 07:36:29 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

GB (AU and to a limited extent Canada) law abiding citizens are at the

will
of thugs with guns.

We haven't noticed many thugs with guns,

YOU might not have noticed more thugs with guns, John.

and our police feel a lot safer.

Please show us some articles which back up your statements, John.

Check with your own police forces on the subject. Do you think they
enjoy approaching a residence that has a sign that says "Never mind
the dog, beware of owner!"

In England police don't even have to carry guns themselves.

Perhaps not, but I'd be willing to bet money that they all WANT to.

You'd be wrong.

England's Civilian Disarmament Law
Leads To 100 Year High Murder Rate

Non-sequitur conclusion. The armed civilians weren't holding the
murder rate down. The murder rate is up because of drugs and the
influx of immigrants that include Jamaican posses and the like.

Every state that has passed concealed carry laws has had a decreases in
mugging, rape, murder and car jacking.

If we could get ALL the guns out of circulation I agree it would cut down on
gun crime by criminals but it would leave the government free to do as it
pleased with our rights. In the end the elected official having to come home
to an armed electorate has balancing effect on the way he views his job. You
seldom see coupe in well armed countries except when they are tossing out
corrupt governments.

If you trust your government to always act in you best interest into the
future I have some tropical beach front property in Oklahoma I would like to
sell you. Most governments in the world are set up as democracies and are
the tyranny of the many over the few. Only a few movements were wise enough
to put in enough safe guards to prevent the ruling party from forming a gang
and ramming thier agenda through. Passing more and more laws every year with
out culling out those no longer needed is quickly putting a load on society
it can't afford to carry. For the last 80 years the US has been debasing the
value of the dollar to make things work and they have been doing it a slower
rate than most the rest of the world except the Swiss and I understand the
Swiss are getting on the boat as well.

We think that 2% inflation is fine until my 95 year old father is almost
living in poverty on savings from a live that left him well to do when he
retired.

--
Gordon

Gordon Couger