Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

john wrote in article

Tim Wescott wrote:

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 20:05:04 -0700, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Today it is beef....tomorrow toys...the next day...well something
else...fasteners, tires, tools?

It would seem that lack of quality control has just cost this company
its existence and its employees their livelihoods.

Should a company be responsible for its own quality control or is it a
responsibility of government to protect us?

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks

-- snip --

It is the responsibility of government to protect us. Us as consumers,
not us as manufacturers. I think that being able to assume that my

food
is safe, and my kid's toys are safe, and my walls and roof and piping,

is
a fine thing and I want to stick with that.

LOL You know what they say about the word ' assume

Rule # 1 on buying ground meat.... don't get any from a big packing
house. Fresh ground local meat is the only way to go.

Most "local" ground beef is made from the day's cuttings in the back room
at the store, so you STILL have that potential of having a single piece
contaminate the rest of the ground beef.

Grinding your own from a single piece of meat is STILL the safest way to
go.

Second would be to buy a roast and have the store butcher grind that single
roast for you.