Those Minds

Default Nice write up about LEDs

"John Ings" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 May 2004 07:58:06 -0700, "Those Minds"
wrote:

Do you have that little faith in the citizenry of Britain that you

think
everyone would go on a killing spree if they were armed?

A few would. Many would also engage in the same klutzy behaviour
as US handgun owners. Shooting themselves or shooting family members
by accident or deliberately. Acting as a source of handguns for the
criminal element, etc etc.

By your reasoning, then I should have shot at least one or two of my

family
members by now or should at least know someone who has shot someone
accidentally.

No, the klutz incidence isn't that frequent. But it's way more
frequent than the "98 lb granny fights off 200 lb assailant"
frequency.

Given that automobiles kill more people in this country, (and they

require
licenses and registration) than firearms, then should we now ban

automobiles
and rely on the government for transportation?

No, because automobiles have another use besides "self protection".

Firearms have more uses than personal protection.