Posted to alt.home.repair
DonC DonC is offline

Default ? Whole-House fans for flat roof house?

"willshak" wrote in message
on 10/6/2007 4:15 PM DonC said the following:
Hi all,

In every house I've owned, until now, I've installed a whole-house fan.
They significantly reduce AC costs and make for comfortable living.
Alas, that was while I lived in Michigan in houses that had attics. My
typical unit included a twist timer and variable speed motor.

Now we live in southeastern AZ in a condo with a flat built-up roof so a
typical attic unit won't work. But we still have frequent cool nights
that would we could benefit from.

Anybody here have any experience with WH fans in a similar setting? My
research so far has been disappointing -- no variable speed fans and
fewer available units : (

Thanks

Build a large vented cupola on the roof?

Good one. That's on my list of ideas.