Martin

Default Playing with meter tails

snip

I had no seal on my fuse for years and no meter reader ever noticed or
bothered to comment on it. A month ago I had my meter replaced, and to
save any questions I made up my own seal - stripped the plastic off a
thin piece of multi-strand elec wire and attached it with a piece cut
off an crimp. It looked reasonable enough, but even if it didn't and
anybody had said anything I wouldn't have cared too much. After all,
what are they likely to do? Take you to court for cutting off a
company seal?

MJ

When I moved in to my current house, there wasn't a seal on the main fuse
either; I asked the lecky company to check it over just in case the previous
owners had been fiddling the meter. They (eventually) sent someone round,
and just fitted a new seal, they didn't give a ... about checking the meter.

Martin.