Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default OT Beginner questions buffing.

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 10:25:38 -0400, Gerald Ross
wrote:

I use a soft felt buffing wheel on a shaft for fine buffing. The
wheels should be marked and kept in a separate zip bag to prevent
contamination with a rougher compound. After using one compound, wash
the piece well with detergent and a soft brush to remove residual
compound before starting with a finer compound.

I never saw green rouge. Are you sure this is not chromium oxide or
some other fast cutting compound?

To be honest, I haven't even opened the tube yet, but I have a green
tube of rouge that is specifically for stainless steel. I would
assume that this is what he's referring to.

The faster the speed, the faster the cut, and more heat generated.

You might get better answers on a jewelry making or metal working
newsgroup as this is mainly for wood turning. Buffing wood is a little
different from buffing metal.

Good luck.