Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default How does one fill a large void in a window sill?

In article , says...

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to solve this problem. I'd also appreciate
whatever) to fill a large void like what I have and how it worked out.

Thanks!

Steve

Partly a question of personal taste. Some might suggest attaching a 1/4 round
or concave moulding over the top, that certainly works.
I personally would varnish/paint the window down into the gap (to seal the wood
against any creeping moisture) and then put a thick bead of (tinted?) silicone
into the gap and shape it concave making sure it bonds to both sides.
Silicone should accomodate temperature-related movement of window and sill
without cracking. Could even put enamel paint over the top of most products
after the job's cured.

-P.