Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Drawer disaster!!

"Rich" wrote in message
I had a brain fart once and my wife rescued me on this.
Get a pillowcase and put about 5-10 lbs of rice (not cooked just right out
of the bag) in the pillowcase and tie it off so the rice won't fall out.
Heat up the bag in the microwave until its almost too hot to hold. Then
put the rice bag around the glue joint. I'd put the drawer cherry face
down and put the bag in behind the front. Leave it for about 15-20
minutes. The titebond will soften enough to get it apart. This will work,
I've done it...you'll be able to rework ater that and no glue this
time....

That's cool, err, hot ... hope the lets us know if it works on the drawers.

Come to think of it, SWMBO once had a pillow that you could microwave and
put on sore muscles, back, etc, and it had something the consistency of rice
in it ... hmmm.

Interesting.

--
www.e-woodshop.net