Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment
robb robb is offline

Default suggest basic func/signal generator for basic scope test/setup ?

"Bob Masta" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:08:01 -0400, "robb"

wrote:

there is quite a variety of sig/func generators on the bay ...
just wondering if there is a basic series or brand to looking

for
to test/setup a tek 2236 scope ?
thanks
rob

If you want to test the time base at the low end,
you can use the signal generator from my Daqarta
software with your sound card. Sound cards use
crystal time bases, so you get pretty decent accuracy.
At a sample rate of 48000 Hz the max sound card
output will be under 24000 Hz, so you won't be
able to calibrate below 50 usec per division.

thanks Bob, it maybe enough to give me piece of mind ?

thnaks for reply,
robb