Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron[_2_] Aaron[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing: Toilet does not flush, but drains are not clogged.

Good luck, please post what you find.......

Thanks for the help!

The toilet is flushing now. This morning I went on the roof and put
the snake down the vent. I got it as for as it would go, which I
think was the bottom. I could hear some water sloshing at the
bottom. I came inside and the toilet flushed.

The full story was yesterday I rented a power auger for $40, brought
it home and ran it down about 90' and returned it. I did not check if
it was unclogged before I took back, Doh! I then called a plumber for
$200 he used his power auger. It took him 5 times down to clear. (I
think he was worth the $200) It was clogged with baby wipes. My 4
year old had been using my babies diaper wipes instead of toilet
paper, so that was the cause. I guess when pulling up the diaper
wipes a little bit got caught in the vent. That is my uneducated
guess.

Again thanks for your help.