Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

"Mark F" wrote in message
My apologies for top-posting...
1. If the hamburger was cooked to the recommended temperature,
it would no longer be dangerous. Canada requires product labeling,
I believe, stating that ground meat should be cooked to at least 160F.
Doesn't apply to unground meat, as e.coli is a surface contaminant,
and in unground meat, the surface doesn't get scrunged into the body
of the piece (patty) being eaten, and presumably, the surface does
rise above that temp....

Makes me wonder if the consumer doesn't bear at least SOME
responsibility.

But how in the hell do you measure the temperature in a 1/4"-thick "burger"?
Those frozen burgers can be pretty thin.

I've never bought frozen burgers. I hate overcooked burgers but I overcook
them a bit these days. I'm just gunshy about e. coli and so forth. I have
good meat thermometers but I can't imagine how I'd get an accurate
temperature measurement even on a burger that cooked up 5/8" thick, like
mine.

--
Ed Huntress