Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Adjust depth on Porter Cable finish nailer?

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:22:29 -0500, "DK" wrote:

I borrowed a friend's Porter Cable 2-1/2 inch, 15ga. finish nailer to
install a window. It doesn't sink the nails far enough, even when I have the
max air pressure set.

My friend says you can't do anything about that, but don't Porter Cable
nailers usually have a depth adjustment? If so, where would it be and what
does it look like? I haven't used one of these before, so any help would be
appreciated.

If it doesn't have a depth adjustment, what else can I try? Could it not be
sinking them because it hasn't been oiled in a while? Anything else I should
check?

Thanks!

Most nailers have a small wheel adjustment. Make sure you put a drop
of oil into the intake before use (use the recommended oil), check for
proper air pressure, and run a few test shots.