Posted to rec.woodworking
ETaylor ETaylor is offline

Default Glue suggestions for vines to pine.

I made a little toy house with pine lining boards that I have shellaced
to give a warm colour. I was gluing some dried out vines (3-4mm dia)
around the edges of the building but the water based contact adhesive I
used leaked onto the shellaced pine and left a nasty dark coloured ridge
around the sides of the vine.
Any suggestions what glue I could use to glue the vine to the pine
without it reacting with the shellac.
I did try to be really accurate with applying the glue but it still
looks bad.
I was using the water based glue so I had time to clamp the vine where I
wanted it.
Thanks Ed