Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default tough paint/primer for wood

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 08:50:00 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Bob
Engelhardt quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:
... put an inert gas on top (Bloxygen or propane, ...

How well does the propane work? Say, after a year? I tried CO2 a few
times, but it didn't work. I consider it inert, but it does have a lot
of "O".

Propane works quite well so far, but I only started using it once my
free can of Bloxygen was gone. I'm using Waterlox in quart wide-mouth
canning jars and it doesn't skin at all with propane on top. I lost a
couple inches the last time I didn't use it, where the finish turned
to a gelatinous form.

I wouldn't have even considered CO2 for the reason you mentioned, the
double Os.

-- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --