Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

I don't have any problem with the results. Actions have consequences.

That attitude covers what should happen to the top executives, but
it's a bit hard on the rank and file employee who has no input into
the work conditions and the safety measures taken.

As long as the employees followed the safety and sanitation
processes and procedures they were given to work under, they really
don't deserve to have their life shot out from under them - I'll bet
they'll be getting the "ENRON Treatment" where the hourly workers'
retirement and pension funds are either totally going bye-bye or will
end up getting hacked way back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topps_Meat_Company

Up to a few years ago it was a private company. The meat being recalled
covers a period of 12 months. That is a crushing blow financially.

As far as golden parachutes and such, Topps is owned by this holding
company:

http://www.sihi.net/

These people are going to likely loose their shirts. This company privately
held.

http://www.sihi.net/principals.html

They own the whole enchilada, er hamburger.

Wes