Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Where to get cheap fasteners??

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 02:27:02 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Bill" wrote in message
.97.142...
I'm looking to stock up on some essentials in my shop, namely bolts, nuts,
washers and lock washers. Can anyone recommend where to go to get these
in
bulk?? I can't see buying them in the small packs at the local stores and
Mcmaster seems pricey. I can get some of the stuff by the pound at the
local TSC (Tractor supply center) but nothing small and I'd like a couple
of pounds of stuff in the 10-24 range. Any suggestions where to get
fastners cheap in 1 lb quantities?

Bill

You can't use the words: "Cheap" and "Fasteners" in the same sentence!
Unless something breaks.

That reminds me of the First Rule of Fasteners: Torque it down really,
really tight. If it snaps, QUICKLY back it off half a turn.

-- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --