Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Adhesives for concrete patching.

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 20:09:37 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

In rec.crafts.metalworking Ignoramus23835
wrote:
We just redid our driveway, patio etc with new concrete. It is 6"
gravel, 6" concrete with wire mesh on the driveway and 5+5, no wire
mesh, elsewhere.

Unfortunately, a kid stepped on one place on the driveway and there is
a imprint of his step about 5mm deep or so. My wife is livid about
this, as she is wont to be in general.

So, I am thinking if I can fill the hole.

My idea was to take a solid epoxy 100% solids from raka.com, which I
have, mix with portland cement for color, and apply to the imprint. It
is very clean right now and is not contaminated with oil etc.

why not use a carbon fiber based composite, or fill the thing in with a
titanium casting?

Would this work or not? It is in the worst part of the driveway (next
to the road). We have snow, ice, salt, etc.

it's the best idea ever. Be sure to patch the new concrete driveway with
anything but concrete.

Find the kid, glue the offending foot in place and slice off flush.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

LOL! That would put an end to that nonsense, eh?

--
Ed Huntress