Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron[_2_] Aaron[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing: Toilet does not flush, but drains are not clogged.

Earlier today I removed the toilet to use a power auger to unclog the
drains. The drains are unclogged now without any water backing up in
the drain pipe. I resest the toilet When I flush the toilet the
water just builds up in the bowl all the way to the top. If I tilt
the toilet breaking the wax seal the water drains out (not on the
floor, but down the sewer). I took the toliet outside turned it
upside down and ran water through it with a water hose. I stuck a
drain snake through it with no problem.

Would a clogged vent cause the toliet not to flush? The shower and
sink are draining fine. Any ideas?