Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment
robb robb is offline

Default suggest basic func/signal generator for basic scope test/setup ?

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
robb wrote:
there is quite a variety of sig/func generators on the bay

just wondering if there is a basic series or brand to looking

for
to test/setup a tek 2236 scope ?
thanks
rob

Hi,
You have a built-in calibrator in the 'scope. One I'd like will

be
multi wave form capable with variable frequency and out put

level.
If your set up means calibration, then the generator should be
calibrated against known reference as well. I send in my 'scope
to a lab to maintain it's calibration official.

yes, calibration test, but just for peace of mind and something
to test the range of the scope
i would not change anything or tweak if the scope was close,
maybe attempt a repair if grossly out of spec

calibration would likely cost much more than i paid for the
scopes including delivery.

thanks for reply ,
rob