Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of tape for this horror show?

"Erma1ina" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Just removed a wood frame window from its tracks so I could clean & paint
it, and found that the outside sill beneath the window is rotted to the
point where it's the consistency of blue cheese. Before discovering this,
had plenty of time to prime & paint the window and get it back in place.
But, this rotted wood discovery may delay things, so I'll have to cover
the
window area with plastic, due to rain on the way in a couple or three
days.
I don't get a good feeling about masking tape staying in place when wet.
Duct tape - gotta leave a sticky mess on the siding, and if I clean off
the
goo, I'm guessing I'll then have to clean the whole side of the house.
Not
an option.

What kind of tape might deal well with moisture for 3-4 days?

If you can find gaffer's tape (try photographic, audio-video or lighting
supply stores), that should be better (stronger, less mess) than duct
tape.

Now, there's a good idea. There's a pro music store 10 minutes from here.