Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Adjust depth on Porter Cable finish nailer?

Steve wrote:

"DK" wrote on 05 Oct 2007 in group alt.home.repair:

I borrowed a friend's Porter Cable 2-1/2 inch, 15ga. finish nailer to
install a window. It doesn't sink the nails far enough, even when I
have the max air pressure set.

My friend says you can't do anything about that, but don't Porter
Cable nailers usually have a depth adjustment? If so, where would it
be and what does it look like? I haven't used one of these before, so
any help would be appreciated.

If it doesn't have a depth adjustment, what else can I try? Could it
not be sinking them because it hasn't been oiled in a while? Anything
else I should check?

If you'll tell us the model number, we'll have a better chance of helping.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

The air pressure the OP is running would be nice to know as well, along
with the materials being nailed.