Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Leonhardt Bill Leonhardt is offline

Default Lathe mobile base

SNIP

Hi Bill. I have seen that design in execution and it is great. The
design I saw was a like this |-----| with wheels on the
outriggers. The legs were drilled through on the feet and a large
bolt adjusting foot like these

http://tinyurl.com/2zxk9g

Hello Robert,

Thanks for you feed-back on my approach. The picture of the leveling
feet on the Grainger web page you sent are exactly like the ones I got
dumpster diving (gloat), so I'm all set.

I am familiar with McMaster since I use them often for work.

I made a mistake when I said I was using rubber wheels. Actually, I
have steel wheels with rubber tires.

I haven't built the lathe stand yet, but I've been looking at
different approaches. I like the idea of adding lots of weight with
sand bags. I think the loose sand (contained in bags) will absorb
some vibration if it occurs.

I intend to build my stand just after the Christmas holidays and I'll
post a picture (perhaps on ABPW) when it's done.

Bill