Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Nick is offline

Default Any locksmiths hereabouts? How to impress a padlock. Help please

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 5 Oct, 00:33, Stephen Howard wrote:

Simply heat the blank key blade and coat it with a thin layer of black
wax.

"Impressioning" is the term for a web search. You can use simple soot
too.

If this is a relatiely recent Cruiser, then you might have trouble
obtaining a blank, as the bitt is offset.

Thanks.
I don't understand how 'term for a web search' is relevant here.
The term impress, in subject above, was given by a locksmith and is
presumably a term used by those in that craft; no doubt not exclusively.
As previously said the lock is about 30 years old. The bitt (never heard of
that word in this context) is indeed offset but I am able to make a blank