Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Nick is offline

Default Any locksmiths hereabouts? How to impress a padlock. Help please

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 22:55:50 +0100, "Nick"
wrote:

I have an old Chubb 'Cruiser' padlock, probably about 30 years old.

Then replace it with something like an Abus Discus, because an old Chubb
Cruiser can be removed in mere seconds.

Am I missing something?
if you mean an Abus Discus as he
http://www.lockshop-warehouse.co.uk/..._Padlocks.html

then I fear you may be mistaken. I have removed these in a very short time.
We gave up on them some while ago.
Removed with Record 36" bolt croppers, which will not make any impression
upon a Chubb Cruiser or Battleship padlock. New bolt croppers didn't come
cheap either.
For the sake of information and education, please let me know how "an old
Chubb
Cruiser can be removed in mere seconds" I would be most interested.