Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve[_4_] Steve[_4_] is offline

Default Permissible cable run quandry?

Lobster wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't follow this at all I'm afraid.

No, it is probably my description.

Cables for both parts of ring run down wall in the same chase. Cables
have no fittings above, or below that would indicate a cable run.
Instead, they continue to the underfloor where they go round the room to
other sockets and complete the ring..

My problem is that there is a pair (ring) of cables that pass vertically
down the wall. IIUC there needs to be an accessory in place to show that
cables are to be expected vertically, or horizontally, to meet
electrical regulations.

To rectify this, a solution would be to put two sockets, one on each
side of the drop and then take the ring around from them. But as the
cables are close to each other in the chase that would mean that the
cables would have to enter their boxes from a side knock-out.

That would mean that the cables went up vertically in the space between
two adjacent sockets, but not directly above either.

I hope that this paints a clearer picture...

Steve